How to install a theme?
To install a WordPress theme on your website you need to upload it to WordPress.
WordPress Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme > Choose your WordPress Premium Theme
If you upload any theme it will get uploaded easily and activated in a minute with just a single click.
But sometimes if you downloaded any premium theme from a different website and install that theme on your WordPress website. You got errors report. Users also complain that when installing the premium themes they got the error message with file size limit exceeded.
We are going to discuss an alternative method to install a WordPress Premium theme through Cpanel or Hosting site.
What is Cpanel?
Cpanel is an online based web hosting panel which provides a graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the hosting of a website. We can also say that Cpanel is the back-end of a website where you can access all your server and database from here.
You can also access your Cpanel by typing http://www.domain-name.com/cpanel.
How to install a theme using cPanel?
By login, to your Cpanel (http://www.domain-name.com/cpanel) or from Domain account you can directly go to File Manager. I have bought a domain from GoDaddy.
- Login to your GoDaddy account.
- Go to my product and Click on Manage from your Hosting Cpanel.
- Click on Cpanel Admin or click on File Manager.
- Here you can click on File Manager.
- Click on “Document Root for”, click your domain from the drop-down menu which you want to select for. Click on Go.
- Go to public_html > wp-content > Themes.
- Then Click on the “upload” icon from the Navigation Bar, browse for the file and upload the file from your directory.
- Select the “zip file” you have uploaded and right click on the zip file and select the “Extract” icon.
Activate the theme from your dashboard:
- Your theme is successfully uploaded at Cpanel.
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes. Your uploaded theme will now be visible on your theme dashboard.
Now you can activate your theme like other themes. By this process, you can add high-end Premium themes without any problem. And it’s absolutely very easy-end process so you can add any type of multiple themes also.
You can also “delete” your themes from your Cpanel.